Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dancing Close to the Edge

We have not moved jobs since being married over 9 years ago. And so this wonderful house which we purchased eight years ago is still ours. I love our house, and it has really taken this long to get things just so.

But I am starting to feel a bit cramped. My "toss it out" binges have been occurring more frequently, and yet we still feel like we are on top of each other. It has admittedly gotten better now that the rain has slowed, and the heat/humidity have abated somewhat. Yet I still feel the closeness. Which is good. And yet it can at times be not so good.

So we browsed around at houses. We even found a really nice one this weekend. And over the next few days, for the first time in eight years, we really considered a move. The extra space was inviting. More kitchen counter tops, bigger bedrooms for the boys, and an indoor sun room where they could run on those miserable Houston days.

But then again we have issues with change. The thought at leaving not just this house, but OUR HOME, saddened me. The idea of keeping a clean house for showing to potential sellers, all while homeschooling four boys (as well as hiding the cat) terrified me. The unknown - new neighbors, new surge zones, new commutes left us so uncertain.

And so for now we will stay put. I am sure we will feel another need to move again in the future, and maybe we will be more ready next time. But for now, there really is no place like home.

2 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger nutmeg said...

Hoo boy, how I can relate!

We put our home on the market 3 times, and the first 2 times, I chickened out and convinced DH to pull it off. I LOVE our home, our neighbors, the familiarity of it all.

But, now we are selling. I think I'm ready, I sure hope so! We move Dec 12th...

But I understand the sadness of leaving. I know I will be writing such a post as the day draws near.

Blessings...

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

You can move, just not too far. When it is right you will know it. Where was the house? Is it on HAR.com?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home