Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Lost Opportunity

I just missed out on what would have been a most precious, surely a must blog picture. And now the moment is gone.

I heard an ominous clanking noise in the family room where I thought the boys were playing and listening to music. What I found was Philip and Jonathan, my dear 2 and 1 year olds having a tea party. The fireplace had a lovely play tablecloth spread out with cups, saucers, and plates ready to go. It was so cute.

Why did I not get the picture you might ask? Because they happened to be using my good china! I so panicked that I immediately moved the cups, plates, and saucers out of reach before that veteran mom inside me said "Take a picture!". That's what I get for being so concerned with the things!

I would say maybe next time, but I really don't know if I want to risk the china for a picture. At least not until they are older, and then what are the chances of that happening?

I know, I know. I really messed up, huh!

2 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

I feel quite certain I would have had the same reaction! There is no way I would have thought to take a picture; just like you, pure shock and a strong urge to save the china would have pushed any thoughts of a photo opportunity right out of my head!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Oh, how cute! (minus the good china part). Yeah, it's hard to know when to grab the camera or not. For example, when a child scribbles all over your floor with crayons and you grab the camera is that sending the wrong message? ;) I think we should just have our houses equipped with video cameras in every room so we never miss a thing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home