Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Missing: One Cup of Coffee



See that cheery snowman mug? That is just the latest site for my misplaced cup of coffee. I am notorious for absentmindedly placing things that are in my hands in some obscure place. Keys. Wallet. And my coffee mug. Every single morning.

You would think that I would learn. Or at least place it on the same bookshelf or table. But no, no, I am pretty thick headed. And so this morning I repeated the same old song and dance - Pour coffee. Set it down. Forget where I set it down. Look for it like a crazy person all over. Finally give up and sit down on the floor. I look up - and aha! On top of the TV.

But of course!

5 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I am always doing that very same thing. My family probably thinks I'm beginning to lose my mind... along with the car keys, the book we were reading, my pencil, my coffee cup...

By the way I just found your blog a few days ago and am really enjoying it. :)

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

I do that sooooo often. It seems like every morning. A lot of times it then needs warming up again!

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Have you ever found it in a really strange place? (Or worse yet- not found it at all!)

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Mom of boys said...

Jill,

I am trying to think of teh strangest place that I have found it. Nothing too weird. It is usually a bookshelf, or ontop of a piece of furniture, or carried into either the laundry room or my closet.

I have had times when I have not found it until the next day. Eww...

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

I do that, too - way too often! It's so annoying when you go to take a sip of your coffee and realize you don't know where it is. I've had many times I've looked and looked and finally given up, only to find it later that day, when it is too old to drink. I'm glad to find out lots of other moms do this, too! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home