Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Thursday, September 27, 2007

You know that you are a veteran mom when...

Your 15 month old is methodically throwing the three bears counters all over the dining room floor. In all different directions. Yet your first reaction isn't "I wonder if he could choke on one of those bears.".

It isn't even "Someone is going to have to pick up those 96 little bears, scattered in all directions. And by someone, I mean me.".

No, the thought that immediately sprung to my mind was one of relief. "Oh thank goodness!" I thought. "That should entertain him long enough for me to get dinner finished.".

And it did! Veteran motherhood means discovering happiness in the simple pleasures of life!

3 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

I couldn't agree more Michele. And sometimes it takes effort to do that, but so worth it!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Crafty Mom said...

Hey, I think I have had a few of those episodes. Legos are flying through the air, but at least they are busy!!!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Oh my...that is so what I think. I feel guilty sometimes that I am letting them 'get away' with something I wish they weren't doing. But, I'm getting dinner done. I put out 'fires' as I go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home