Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Monday, September 17, 2007

Peaceful Mornings

Today was the second morning in a row that I have been up at 5 AM. It started yesterday with an early rise due to an early crash the night before. This morning it is due to a croupy little boy who is sleeping, but with that cough I like to be on alert (we have had one bad outbreak of croup in the past which landed dear Nicholas in the hospital - scary! I don't know how mothers of kids with asthma do it - my child was turning blue and I freaked out!). Anyhow, Philip's case last night wasn't that bad, but I am still awake and ready.

Not that I am complaining. I love these early mornings. Ones in which I can have my coffee, sit and reflect, pray. Get laundry started, dishes unloaded and loaded, sweep and mop floors. Complete those little tasks which seem so calming and routinely simple to do in the morning without little ones who knock over the newly folded stack of clothes, run onto the damp tile floor (with a crash-amazing how physics works!), and begin to pull out brand new cups or get into the refrigerator because, well, Mom is in the kitchen!

I am not a morning person. At all! Yet that is why I love these mornings the best. I can be fully awake and greet my children with a "good morning" and a genuine smile. And their smile in return gets our day off to a great start. The boys really feed off of that cheerful "good morning".

And I am so happy that I am the one to be here this morning to deliver it to them.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was always a morning person BEFORE children...but I do love to get up early before anyone else and have time and quiet and get little things done that help me prepare for the day! My children start getting up around 6am...and most of the time it is soooo difficult to get out of my warm snugly bed, especially when the baby has been up two times during the night.
Here's to peaceful mornings in the future (for me).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home