Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Labor Day Labors

We had such a productive weekend. We should probably be thankful for the stormy weather that we were blessed with this past weekend. Otherwise, we most likely would have ended up outside and not gotten anything done!

But the boys' closets are cleaned out. Winter clothes have been inventoried and I have the list of what each boy needs (thankfully small). Mostly jeans and pajamas. Nicholas does need some long sleeve playshirts, as he is now the same size as Brennan. It will be nice for him to pick out his own things.

I have resolved to declutter my house for the month of September. Before things get really hectic with holidays and birthdays. I did the play room a few months back, and now both boys' rooms are done! Only 6 more rooms to go!

On a side note, we are instituting our first "Charlotte Mason" style week for our school. We will see how it goes. Hey, what can one (short) week hurt! And we could use the break! And with that, it is time for our first Tea Time. With four young boys and the good china! Wish us luck!

4 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Crafty Mom said...

I love it Michele!!! Tea time with the boys. Mine nearly broke the good wine glass today that we used until I get a teaset. Other than that, our tea time was a hit. Glad to see our Real Learning summer reading is going to good use.

I can't wait to hear how Charlotte Mason week goes. Katie had a hard time transitioning out of summer today, but I'm sure it will get better.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

Yes, I also planned to do tea time today. We were supposed to go by the library and get some books on composers (which we did) and then by the store for a few items - including something tasty to have with our tea (which we did) and then come home and have tea and cake while listening to and learning about a classic composer. BUT the younger two were a bit difficult at the library, and very difficult at the grocery store and on top of all that it was almost 5pm by the time we got home. So much for afternoon tea. Somehow I'll try to work it in, though. :)

Let us know how it all goes!!!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention. I'm mean and a chicken and won't let my children near my china... Thus, I went to the Dollar Tree and purchased a couple of plastic mugs that LOOK like typical coffee mugs (only with baseball stuff on them - they are really baby sippy cups). I'm hoping they will still feel like they are using something special since we will only use them at Tea Time. But who knows... Maybe someday I'll get brave and let them use the real deal. ;) In the mean time - who says afternoon tea has to be fancy? :)

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

You can do it! Brave the china! Mine havent broken anything yet! Yet! This week we will be making cupcakes, having iced tea and continuing our music appreciation. It is a delight to see them get so excited about it. They planned the cupcakes.

So, Michele, what is Charlotte Masony about your week this week. I love Charlotte. I am sure not everything I do is pure Mason, but oh, how I love it. I have read the Real Learning book three times!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home