Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Monday, August 27, 2007

What did his Dad say?

I usually go to the library on either Saturday or Sunday. I had started this habit as Colin could be home to stay with anyone who did not do well in the library. Mainly, that would be Jonathan, who decides that the library is the perfect environment in which to exhibit his vocal skills.

But last week Colin had the boys by himself for two nights and then all morning Saturday. So Saturday afternoon, I took all four boys with me on our weekly library trip. And all in all it went pretty well (aka, Jonathan seemed to be happy).

We got a great selection of books. I picked several to read this week:

Duck in a truck
Captain Duck
Corn is Maize

Brennan picked a few:

Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs
Scooby Doo and the Samurai Ghost

Nicholas added a couple:

Curious George goes to a Costume Party
Curious George Flies a Kite

And Philip wanted to pick one too. After showing him several shelves of books, he set his heart on this one:

Disney Princesses: What is a Princess?


He would not be deterred. This was the book he wanted! I couldn't wait to see his Dad's reaction.

And the reaction - just a little shake of the head!

3 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Crafty Mom said...

Okay, for my son growing up with an older sister, picking pink is the norm. He chooses to watch My Little Pony these days, but he always prefers to play with boy toys. Balls, cars, trucks, dirt, dirt, more dirt.

But if you take him shopping, he picks out pink jeeps, and Dora clothes with skirts.

Now how did Philip make this a preference?? I think it is way too cool!! And our daddy is just as excepting. Just a weird look and a sigh.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

That is better than Brian shoving the old baby doll in the drawer! Andrew loves it!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

Nathan tends to pick things that are pink, too. I remember taking him out to pick out big boy underwear and he kept pointing to the little girl selections. It was hard trying to explain to him why I wouldn't buy them for him! Of course, in his defense, he mostly wanted the Curious George underwear, and they only had girl ones.

But there is no doubt in our mind he is all boy - and JUST like his daddy (minus the interest in dolls and jewelry and things that are pink...).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home