Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

When Narration Just Might Be Taken Too Far

Brennan and I read "The Tailor of Gloucester" by Beatrix Potter today for our story. Either because he was tired (he could not seem to sleep last night) or because the story was a bit more complicated in terms of language, I had to help pull the narration out of him.

But I think that he finally got it. Because now Brennan is running room to room slamming doors and squealing happily. Philip is close behind him.

"Stop running in the house!". I shout.

"But Mom", Brennan protested, "I am the mouse and Philip is the cat. I am out of the cup, and I have to run away so that I can sew the coat for the tailor."

Come to think of it, maybe I better check and make sure he doesn't have any REAL needles and thread!

1 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Jen said...

LOL! Now he's narrating. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home