Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Singing (Shouting) Bee

Brennan and Nicholas have hit that male competitive steak. Full stride. Lately it has manifested itself as a singing bee of sorts. Here's how it generally goes:

-One boy starts singing a song.
-The next boy says "No, lets sing this song."
-First boy says "No, I want to sing my song."
-Both plead for me to intervene. I offer "You cannot make other people sing what you want them to.".
-Both boys then proceed to each sing his own song simultaneously. One gets louder, then the other gets even louder, and bingo! Competition ensues.
-Mom gets immediate migraine. Tells both boys to just stop.
-Boys both look at each other and grin broadly. Game over! Winner - boys. Loser - Mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home