Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Lucky Us!

Have you ever found yourself thinking "I really wish we lived closer together to all of these wonderful people we meet through the blogosphere.". Pictures of idyllic coffee (or tea if you prefer) and mom chat, all while kiddos run through the house, dance through my head. I find myself wishing for the days when everyone lived near family, near friends with like values instead of being separated by miles and miles (or even busy schedules).

As I sit in my self-induced pity party, I then recall the early pioneers. The ones who left their family, their homes to travel out into strange new lands, with nary a soul to keep them company. These travelers might never see their families again, due to the mere distance and rough paths (and here I complain about only getting to see our family a couple of times a year). They might never grow up near cousins. Mail might take weeks to reach destinations, and they certainly didn't have the phone or even internet to keep in touch and form pen pal relationships. How isolating!

It is with those thoughts that I can be thankful for today. Surely I need to be better at setting time aside for the people I do have in close proximity (and I, in particular, am very thankful for several of those dear friends!). But today I am also thankful for the phone calls that I can make to my mom on a regular basis. And everyone I have "met" through the blogoshpere! Thank you to you all! I know for me, it makes our stay at home lifestyle just a little less lonely.

2 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Denise said...

Not to sound too wacky or anything, but I also think how neat it will be to meet up with everyone at some point in heaven. I know that's a lofty goal that we will all get there ;-) but it's sort of a communion of saints thing...think of how many friends we'll finally meet!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

I am blessed to be near you. I am blessed to have your friendship. I too am thankful for all you said.

P.S. You must be working on your westward expansion unit :))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home