Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Monday, October 15, 2007

Living on Planet Boy

Now I am not admitting this of course, but I may or may not have been playing with a big rubber dinosaur today. I may or may not have portrayed this particular creature eating various other toys from around the room, rubber fish, Little People cow, an astronaut, Larryboy... This dinosaur did, of course, occasionally break out into bouts of dancing to the Jimmy Buffet CD we were listening to.

(Yes, the kids do listen to "grown up" music. We just "edit" out the songs that are inappropriate with a handy remote control. It does require me to stay in the room, but gives me a break from kids' music. There's only so much "Barney music" that I can handle in a day!)

I really do enjoy my kids. Best of all, I enjoy getting moments to be a kid myself again. Nothing like getting a little silly with the boys to pull me out of stress or even a bad mood. Because just like Jimmy sang "If we weren't crazy, we'd all go insane!"..

1 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I think we had the same day! Except, we were dancing and singing to Johnny Cash, and I WAS the dinosaur eating my children. It was a blast.
Yep, we have to have some fun. And boy do the kids love it when Mom joins in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home