Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Like A Child

It amazes me how I realize that, at times, I still can be as a child in so many ways. I bring this up because my topic for today is sleep. More specifically, MY need for sleep.

Sometimes I think that I am superhuman. I can get everything done on my docket with nary a problem. So when a hard dose reality inevitably hits, I have the nerve to act surprised. And annoyed. Maybe even get angry or frustrated. Why is that? Is it pride, thinking that of course I can keep the house cleaned, entertain and care for the boys, all the while still having my time for this and that little project (or the computer)? How easily we forget that while we are grown, we still have very human needs that must be met. We just don't have a loving adult to remind us of that, so it falls onto our shoulders to develop the discipline to insure that these needs are met.

I have been so grouchy with the boys as of late. I have been a little down and negative. After this trip, I realize that it just might be due to a lack of sleep. I feel so refreshed now. I seem to be handling every little childish occurrence these past couple of days with much more patience and understanding. All because I am rested. It makes a major difference in how I relate to others.

So I am making my new month's resolution a little early. Time to enforce a strict 11pm bedtime for yours truly. Let's see if I can keep this good thing going a little longer...

1 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

I am SO glad you are back. I have missed you. Thought about you often - hoping you were having a super time. Can't wait to hear about it all! We'll get together soon!

I need to enforce a bedtime for me too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home