Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Cafe Philip

All three older boys LOVE to help out in the kitchen, but I can get a bit, well, OVERWHELMED at all of those hands into everything. I know that it is good for them to learn so I made the command decision to let go of perfection in the kitchen and let the boys lend more helping hands. I am not a complete masochist though. So I have settled on the idea of letting one boy have a special night a month that he makes dinner. Tonight was Philip's turn...

On the menu was spaghetti and breadsticks. Simple enough, and perfect for my budding chef extraordinoire...
And his spaghetti sauce was magnificient! he did a great job attending the pot, just stirring away...

Next he helped knead the bread dough and form the "little snakes" aka the breadsticks- always fun for little ones...
He couldn't resist sampling the dough!
Such great one on one time for both of us! Everything tasted great, and so what if the bread was shaped a little funny! I cannot wait to have dinner prep with Brennan and Nicholas as well!

1 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

What a great idea! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home