Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Great Outdoors

We arrived back home from our Family Reunion in the Woods on Sunday, but I think that I am still in denial! There is nothing like being out in a cabin without TV, or phones, or even clocks. Well, we had our cell phones, but didn't even peek at them. Talk about a way to relieve stress from life - just drop all concept of time. Time to do this and that...hurry we're late...got to do this and that before this certain time.

Our trip to the woods was a good time for some things though, like a time to reflect. As I watched the boys play from the cabin window and did the dishes (by hand - no dishwashers!), all I could see is the joy that God has blessed us with. Dad playing football with Brennan, Nicholas and Philip gathering sticks and rocks, Jonathan crawling at my feet. We didn't have much room in that tiny place. We didn't have but a few toys - a couple of matchbox cars and Jonathan's walker. But we had contentment and each other. I can't believe that I must remove myself from every day life to see that so clearly as I did there deep in the woods.

We are back, but I am trying to hold those moments close as we reenter the hustle and bustle. Let us all be grateful for all we are blessed with today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home