Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Political Rant Tuesday

Okay, most of you just bear with me on this one. I happen to be fairly opinionated and passionate when it comes to politics. On most days I have a rant of sorts on some issue. So rather than my blog turn into a rather negative rant of in all in our country (which I happen to LOVE!), I will save my week's worth of rants for one post on Tuesday. Skip it if you so desire - I just need to get these things off of my chest so I don't walk around the house in a huff!

Today's rant stems from a comment on this blog post. A comment was made about Republicans wanting to require voter IDS so that they can steal elections. This burns me up. Maybe I am missing something, but how does requiring an ID disenfranchise any LEGAL voter? Don't those who are LEGALLY voting only once at one poll have a picture ID (usually a driver's license, but even a registered ID card will do)? Who doesn't? How is this a hardship of any kind? All I can see an ID accomplishing is that those who are voting are doing so once, in their own name, as a legally registered voter. In other words, IDs are making sure that laws are being enforced in practice and not just in theory. Why is that a bad thing? What are Democrats worried about? Do they have to count on illegal votes to win elections?

Whew! I feel better now! Thanks for obliging me guys, and I promise no more politics until next Tuesday!

DISCLAIMER: I am not actually a die hard "vote for whoever the Republican is". I am an Independent. I vote according to the person, not the party. This has left me with a Republican in the most recent years because I will not support a politician who believes in killing innocent children or that the state is better equipped to raise children than the family. And yes, I know that Bush has killed innocent children in Iraq, but before you make that argument, prove to me that he has authorized actions which have killed more there (in Iraq) than the alternative candidate (aka John Kerry) has authorized the killing of in the womb (through his support of even PBA). Disclaimer off.

1 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hmm. I could have written this, except for the part about limiting ranting to once a week. Once a day seems like a good limit (although I actually don't do my "daily rants" daily or even weekly sometimes).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home