Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Monday, June 04, 2007

Well, what did you do this weekend?

We had a fabulous weekend in which the garage was finally finished being organized and cleaned (thanks mostly to my DH) and I got my nice new flower bed planted in the backyard. I have been wanting to plant some flower beds out back for a while, and I am finally getting around to it.

I also had to spray paint a bunch of Caprisun boxes (the ones that the juice pouches come in) so that we would have dirt "bricks" to make our wall of Jericho for Vacation Bible School next week. See Colin, I knew that the boxes would come in handy for something eventually! (My patient husband has to put up with a regular pack rat, you see - I am getting better about throwing stuff out!) Notice the nice neat garage - all Colin's hard work!

Our pumpkin plants are in full bloom. Just lovely! One tiny snag - whenever each fruit gets to be about the size of a shooter marble, something comes along and eats it. If this keeps up I'll, well, I don't know what I will do. Pout, I guess!

And here is a tiny new pumpkin!

And finally, my rose bush. This was my birthday gift a few years back and I just love it. I have great memories of my Mom's rosebushes when I was young and I loved having fresh blossoms on the dining table.

This work around the house, sprinkled with two delightful birthday parties and a picnic lunch at the park Sunday after Mass, made for a wonderful weekend together. Just what we needed to kick off the summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home