Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Special Day

I am exhausted. Today was hectic, running from one place to the next, meeting everyone that we had on tap for today. We ran errands and we finished off with Brennan's end of season t-ball party. While tiring, today was a lot of fun together as a family. Much like a similar day 9 years ago...

It was 9 years ago today that we became a family. Colin and I woke up bright and early on a Memorial Weekend Saturday and made our promises to each other to be one from that day forward. As I sit here tonight, I can see just how blessed that we have been so far. All of the memories. Four precious little boys. A home, wonderful friends, a job that my husband enjoys doing. And I get to be home as we raise our blessings together. We have so much to be thankful for.

At first, I was a little disappointed that our anniversary dinner couldn't be our normal dinner out as a family. Even Colin commented on how he had thought we would go out, just the 6 of us, not have a party out with the baseball team's families. But we all had a great time, still together. The boys were such a mess after being in the sand pit at the restaurant (very family friendly!) that I suggested that I get on the other side of the rail by the parking lot and Colin could hand me each boy over the rail so I could place him in the van. As we set out performing this task side by side, a fellow parent made the nicest comment to me "You two really complement each other. You work together so well, taking care of the boys.".

That is the best compliment that we could have received today. What a blessing, for it to happen on our anniversary.

Happy Anniversary honey! May we share many more blessed moments together in the years to come.

3 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

Happy Anniversary guys! I would agree - you are great together! We are blessed to know you!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger nutmeg said...

Hey.. it's our anniversary this weekend, too.

What a wonderful time of year to get married...

:)


Happy Anniversary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home