Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Monday, May 21, 2007

Hormones

We females can be such hormonal creatures. I have been reading lately about everyone else's weepiness and I have to say that I, for one, am right there with you all! Last night was a perfect case in point.

The older three boys have really enjoyed looking at their scrapbooks as of late. It has been a popular activity for all. Inspired by their intense appreciation, I (finally) decided to begin Jonathan's scrapbook. All the boys were in bed, Colin was playing a computer game, and so I felt that this was it. I would begin.

As I flipped way back into our picture archive, I saw this.

My dear sweet Jonathan. So beautiful. And just a few hours old. How can it be that in just a few short weeks my baby will be a year old? I honestly couldn't remember if I had ever looked at his birth pics much. And so I flipped through them last night and I cried...cried...cried.

Only a Mom, right?

You know, sometimes I think that God has a reason for giving me boys - after all, there are only so many hormonal moments one house can take!

1 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Jill said...

:)
Oh, I hear ya this week!

I liked that last line. When we found out that #4 was another boy my husband said, "Well from an emotional standpoint this is probably good for us." (Said with a smile, of course!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home