Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Monday, May 14, 2007

Congrats, Colin!


In addition to the excitement surrounding Nicholas's birthday and Mother's Day, we had the pleasure of celebrating another momentous occasion here this weekend. Friday night, Colin walked across the stage and received his Masters of Science in Statistics. My wonderful brother and sister-in-law graciously kept the four boys (it was a three hour ceremony) so that I may attend with Colin's aunt and uncle. The four of us celebrated afterwards with dinner at our favorite seafood restaurant. What a great way to celebrate Colin's accomplishment and three and a half years of hard work!

Brennan asked last week "when will Dad be home again?", referring to the late hours that he has had to keep recently in order to finish up his thesis. Every one of us is just thrilled with the prospect of more dinners and evenings with Dad - it is hard to say just who is the most excited! I am glad that he took this opportunity to get this degree before the boys were much older, although at times it was no picnic for either of us!

Yet it is done. And we couldn't be happier! Or prouder! Congratulations to my very best friend! We are all so very proud of you!

3 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

Congratulations, Colin! And to you, too, Michele! I remember when Bill got his masters, and I only had Alex at the time (Nathan was born the day Bill gave his thesis presentation). It's a rough time for all, but you made it. Congrats again to you all!!!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Congrats! My husband got his masters before we had kids. (He's a stat guy, too!) It was a busy time even then, so I can imagine it was quite a balancing act for your family. Hooray!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Wow! Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home