Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Having your cake and eating it too!

We have hit an all too familiar wall in nursing experience. See my boys don't have a nursing strike as some do. What they have is a bit if a wrestling experience with it. One in which they fully believe that they should be able to nurse, but have the full range of motion that the luxury of the sippy cup brings. They don't want the actual sippy cup - it will only bring fits of anger. What they want is to be attached to Mom, but still be able to stand, crawl, wriggle, and look around. When it doesn't work out (and Mom gets tired of being a recipient of the tortuous pain involved), the little guy gets put down on the floor. This of course leads to wailing screams of bloody murder!

Brennan wasn't breastfed. I vaguely remember Nicholas being this rough, but I don't remember what I did. (Isn't it funny how we forget these things until they are upon us again!) Philip was actually somewhat okay with being let go to explore. Jonathan is not. He is mad. He just spent 20 minutes screaming (I set the timer out of curiosity) as well as throwing his sippy cup a couple of times. I am really thinking that I might have another strong willed child on my hands. *sigh*

Does any one else have this happen? My mom suggests that I wean them when they start this, but I just don't know... I wish I could remember how I handled this with Nicholas...

3 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

My boys were worse than the girls, but all did this. I tried to use logic with them. It didn't work (go figure). It doesn't last long, this phase. Hang tough.

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Crafty Mom said...

Nicholas continued to wiggle, squirm, from the moment he was born until he finished nursing at 26 months. I somehow managed to teach him to keep his upper body still and let his legs do all the wandering they wanted. So I ended up with feet in the face quite often.

Jonathan is a doll.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

I can remember mine doing this as well and though I remember painfully putting up with it for a little while, I'd finally just put them down and say, "You're done!" Sometimes they'd get upset and other times they'd be fine with it. As Michelle stated, it will eventually pass as they move out of that too curious to wait stage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home