Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Friday, April 27, 2007

More Mother's Guilt

Brennan was sick for a couple of days this week. Poor little guy! I hate seeing any of the boys so miserable. I knew that he wasn't himself, because he was just so still. I let him lie around with a few comic books, and he didn't move around much. He even went and took a long afternoon nap on Wednesday and Thursday of his own free will.

That is where my guilt starts to creep in. You see, I actuallly had ALL FOUR boys napping together on Wednesday afternoon. I dared to feel a stirring excitement down deep. I caught up on laundry. I even read undisturbed. I took a quiet bath.

I felt so rested Wednesday night that I felt guilty. Guilty because I know that the only reason I got the break was because my poor baby was sick! Oh the shame!

Now everything is back to normal. Brennan is bouncing room to room, dressed as Superman. Nicholas and Philip are bickering over a toy for the fourth time already this morning. But we are all well!

You know what, I'll take it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home