Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Solved: Mystery of the Missing Shorts

Yesterday afternoon, I gave Philip a shirt and pair of shorts to put on. I went into the kitchen and returned to find him struggling mightily with his shirt. After refusing help and eventually righting the shirt into its proper position, Philip headed for the door. "Get your shorts" I reminded him, but he continued out. I took it upon myself to find the shorts and return them to their proper owner.

I looked in the bedroom. And the living room. Front Hall, kitchen bathroom. No pants. I checked the clean clothes drawer, the dirty clothes basket, even outside in the yard. Still none. I could not for the life of me figure out where these shorts had disappeared to - it had to be that goblin that lives in our house, occassionally taking things that I knew were there, just to drive me batty!

Now I could have gone and picked out a different pair of shorts, but that would just mean that two pairs of shorts would later be in the laundry basket for one person/one afternoon. Nope, we weren't going anywhere, so I just let Philip run around in his shirt and pull up the rest of the day. I know, lazy Mom, huh!

As it would have it, Philip fell asleep in his bed last night without undressing, so imagine my surprise this morning when I go to undress him, and what do you suppose I found?

Wrapped around his waist, were the mystery shorts themselves!

Apparently, he had stuck both legs down the same pant leg and pulled them up so high that his "a little big" shirt had covered them completely! For the entire day!

So I guess he was wearing shorts yesterday. Maybe I am not such a bad Mom after all. Boy that had to have been uncomfortable, though!

1 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger Crafty Mom said...

That is funny! I can't believe you never got a complaint all day. The independence of the 2 year old!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home