Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Monday, April 30, 2007

Perspective of a Male

I had a glorious time yesterday. I went shopping. And not just any shopping. but dresses, little girls' dresses.

We will be travelling to Oklahoma this weekend for my nephew's First Communion. Since one of my nieces turned 8 a couple of weeks ago, I decided to get her a dress to take up to her - I do not get presents mailed! So I found a darling gingham blue and white sundress, with white ribbon around the waist and embroidered red flowers.

Then I got to thinking, another niece was just born - why don't I get her a sundress? We had sent them a practical gift to the shower, so now I wanted something more fun. I found it - a purple and white gingham sunsuit with darker purple embroidered butterflies.

I now saw all of the darling dresses and thought "well, my last niece will be 8 in August. She will be there when the other girls get their dresses. Let's get her one too!". She prefers pink, so I selected the pink and white gingham with embroidered flowers for her. Such a thrill, shopping in the dainty girls' section!

When I arrived home, I placed my bag before my husband and began excitedly to unload my finds. As I showed him each adorable item, he smiled and replied with his standard "that's nice.".

As I finished, I gushed "I can't wait to give these to the girls. It will be so much fun to see them try each dress on!". I was just giddy!

My dear husband merely replied "I guess everyone has to wear something."

1 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Yes, I do enjoy shopping for my girls. Boys' clothing is so boring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home