Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Sunday, May 13, 2007

My Tribute to my Mom

Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful, hardworking, nurturing mamas out there, especially my own! Today I would like to share just a few of my many favorite memories of my Mom while I was young...

My Mom is my teacher...I remember my Mom sitting with me on the couch, working Algebra problems with me. I remember insisting that she explain why specific letters were used for each problem. I could be so stubborn some times!

My Mom is patient...and speaking of stubborn, I remember insisting that I could wear my red and white Mickey Mouse shirt with my favorite pink pants. I reasoned that they had to match because pink was just a lighter shade of red.

My Mom is nurturing...I remember my Mom running cold water on my 7 year old hands because my fingers had slipped off of the hot pad while removing our freshly baked cookies from the oven.

My Mom is a good sport...she is the one that would sit in the backyard and catch for me endless hours while I practiced my pitching, even taking a few in the knees once in a while.

My Mom is merciful...In high school, I once found myself unprepared for a history test. We also had a major paper due the next day (college prep class). Several friends were pretending to be their parents and calling in sick in order to go to the college library and work on the paper. I took the risk of instead calling my Mom and explaining myself. My mom called me in and had my grandma pick me up so that I could go research my paper.

My Mom loves me unconditionally...When I received my traffic ticket a few months after getting my license, my Mom did not even get upset. I was so hysterical that she calmed me down, and then casually explained that I would just have to pay the ticket out of my own savings. She never spoke a harsh word concerning the situation.
Even now, she still listens tirelessly as I call her over every motherly concern that pops into my head.

My Mom is my friend... I fondly remember our times alone in high school where we would talk over a game of backgammon or a quick walk around the block. I will always cherish those one-on-one times with her.

May I also be to my boys the loving mother that Mom was to me. Happy Mother's Day Mom! I love you!

1 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

Having met your mom several times, I can totally see all those things you wrote about in her. She is a terrific lady and she has a terrific daughter to be so proud of!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home