Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Monday, June 04, 2007

Pool Season Begins

We officially kicked off our summer season today with a trip to our neighborhood pool. We had a blast, and I am amazed at how well Brennan retained his water (pre)swimming abilities over the long fall/winter/spring break. Down here we could swim year around if we had a pool (or pretty close to it), but because high school kiddos are needed to lifeguard we still only get June and July to perfect our strokes.

The one thing I am continually amazed with is how easy it was to manage all four little ones at the pool by myself. I almost dare to say that it does get easier with 4 boys (and the oldest being 6) than it was with just a 2 and 1 year old. And as each boy has entered our lives, I have been so quick to tell myself that "Oh, now that I will have a baby (or 2,3,4..) I guess I will no longer be able to (go to the store with them all, take them to the pool/park by myself, shower, etc)." Yet as each one has arrived, I have managed to complete all of these tasks, and with much greater ease than I would really expect. God really does continue to pour more grace onto us with each new blessing! And now all of the fretting that I had done beforehand seems so silly!

I am sure that this cycle will still repeat itself in the future. That's the funny thing about us humans - we are sometimes so slow to learn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home