Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Chocolate Truffle Cookies

Here is one of my husband's favorite cookies, but a warning - they are very rich and for the true chocoholic!

4 squares (1 oz each) unsweetened chocolate
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
1/3 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 - 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
2 Tbsp baking cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
confectioners sugar


Melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup chocolate chips, and butter in microwave or double boiler. Cool 10 minutes. In bowl, beat sugar and eggs for 2 minutes; add vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt and then beat into chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining chocolate chips. Cover and chill at least 3 hours. Remove 1 cup dough and, with floured hands, roll into 1 inch balls. Bake on ungreased baking sheets at 350 deg F for 10-12 minutes. Cool for 3-4 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough. Freeze in tightly sealed frezzer bags. Dust with cinfectioners sugar, if desired. Makes 4 dozen.

2 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

Oh, my goodness. These sound so incredibly good!!!!!

I really enjoyed reading your Christmas blog thing!

Cel

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

WOW!!! I remember seeing this recipe when you first posted it back in November, but never did get a chance to try them. Celeste mentioned these cookies in her post this morning and I couldn't resist making a batch today. They are WONDERFUL!!! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. (I only hope there will still be some for my husband to try when he gets home tonight!) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home