Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Mother's Curse

"I hope you have a child just like you when you are older."

Well, apparently I do!

We have been having issues in toilet training my now 4 year old. Months will go by that he does very well, and then a few bad habits come creeping back (most concern not wanting to stop what we are doing and so we try our very best to hold it!).

I was discussing these issues with my own mother today and she laughed at me. When I asked why, she said, "Oh Michele, these are the exact same situations we had with you at that age! And you had been trained for two years when they cropped up!".

This little revelation has actually made me calm down in regards to these issues. Is it because I know that since I eventually came out of it, Nicholas will too? Or is it because I have fallen victim to the old addage quoted above.

Whichever it is, I am so grateful that I have my wonderful Mom who can put it all into proper perspective. Thank you so much Mom! I love you!

1 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

I know the feeling! Everytime I complain about how Nathan, as precious as he is, talks non-stop, my mom quickly reminds me that I did the very same thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home