Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

A Little Encouragement and New Hope

I have been out and about a bit more than usual lately, and it has mostly been with all 4 boys in tow. I usually don't like to take everyone out together not just because of the inevitable "handful" I will have, but also because negative comments or strange reactions from others make me uncomfortable. So I avoid putting myself in that situation if I can help it.

I have noticed though, that most reactions I receive are not negative, in fact they are quite positive. Just yesterday we were in a nice furniture store and two separate people were very positive about having 4 boys so close in age (not even a "they are all boys!" among them). The younger couple even commented on how they have two boys now but think that they might like more, they are just unsure at times if they could handle it.

I think that is my lesson from this. It is important to be out together not just to "make a point" or take a stand, but also to be encouraging to others. As I talked with the other young woman, I tried to be honest and said "there are days when it is rough and I think I have lost my mind, but overall it has definitely been worth every moment." That is the message other couples need to hear from us, because they won't hear it in the media or pop culture. That lots of small children can be rewarding, but it is not always easy. They need to realize it is hard work not so that I can have a pat on the back because well, I am doing it, but so that it will not paint an unrealistic picture of life that sets them up to feel like a personal failure when that inevitable bad day happens to them. Because I sure know that I have been there, many times!

I am so hopeful that more younger couples desire larger families than they were raised with. May we all be encouragement to each other

3 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

Beautifully said Michele. I couldn't agree more. We need to be honest, but joyful witnesses of the truth. This is a great life I lead and even though it can seem overwhelming at times, it is worth every difficulty!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

P.S. What furniture were you shopping for????????

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Mom of boys said...

We were at Ethan Allen with my Dad - He was looking for some living room furniture and we are starting to shop around for a new media cabinet and end tables for the living room. My $20 Wal-Mart special is starting to fall apart!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home