Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

About those Pork Chops

Last night we had the pork chops that didn't get made Monday night due to our power outage. The recipe is one from Danielle Bean's website that another reader sent in and it was fabulous! The only alteration that I made was I made my own apple pie filling instead of using canned by peeling and slicing 3 granny smith apples and mixing in lemon juice, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 Tbsp cornstarch, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp nutmeg. Everyone loved it and my husband even commented on the wonderful smell when he entered the house after work.

I get so excited when we find a new really great recipe to add to our dinner cycle! Just had to share!

3 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

Hey there!

Hadn't seen a post in a while. Glad to see you back. Will call soon.

On those pork chops - is the stuffing the boxed kind like stove top or the bag of plain stuffing?

Sounds so yummy! You are such a great cook!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Mom of boys said...

I used stove top, but since it is cooked ahead of being put in the dish, I bet you could use either.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

I bought the stuff to try this last night. I'll be making it later this week. I can't wait - it sounds delicious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home