Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Photophobia

I have been lucky with my first two children. They both love to have their picture taken and the second is even oh so photogenic. And being the first children, we have many many professional pics done with them.

Then poor Philip, no. 3, comes along and well, no good excuses. We just haven't had any pics taken of him in a year. So that combined with the fact that Jonathan is 5 months old without a single portrait sitting led me to attempt pics with the boys this morning.

Jonathan and Brennan got some great pictures. Nicholas had some good ones taken with Brennan. But, Philip, ....no. The minute that he hit the table, he sent screams of horror ringing throughout the back of the store. We let him play, see his brothers sit for their pics. We gave him a baseball - the ultimate cure all. Yet still to no avail. Philip just would not let us take his picture (maybe he thought it would steal his soul or something - kidding!).

I find myself somewhat blaming myself - if I had just taken him more often, this wouldn't have happened and we would actually have pics to show him when he is older. Well, or at least show his wife if he marries, as I don't know too many grown men who care, but the wife usually does! Or maybe it was just our turn to have a photophobic child! After all, we at least have our pics from around the house as living proof of his toddlerhood!

Or maybe I should just try again in another year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home