Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Guilty!

Philip, my 2 year old, has a definite tell for when he is into trouble. I hear a noise in the next room. I know for a fact that Philip is in that room. I call out "Philip, what are you doing in there?". Immediately Philip comes running full speed out of the room saying "oh! oh! oh!" and pointing frantically to something, anything in the room I am currently in. Anything to draw my attention away from the fact that he was up to something in the other room.

Yesterday, he was in the family room with scissors from Nicholas's school box, trying to cut pieces off of my plant basket. Last night he found a very old bag of jelly beans and spilled the entire bag on the kitchen tile - I am still finding jelly beans in strange places! This morning, he was in the laundry room pouring the cat's food into her water dish.

Yet he is always so eager to help clean up afterwards that it warms my heart, and so even though he makes terrible messes, I find it very easy to forgive him! After all, what's motherhood without a few spills here and there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home