Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Monday, November 27, 2006

Home again, home again, jiggedty jig!

We have returned from our yearly trip up to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving. I always enjoy this chance to see everyone we have abandoned in our move to Houston 8 years ago! We did have an eventful week however...

-First, on the way up we had lots of trouble getting out of town (like, getting all of the way on the other side and THEN realizing that someone named Mommy forgot her wallet - oops! We had to go back and get it, then start all over again!)

-Then we blew out a tire at dusk about 90 miles from my parents house.

-After that an enjoyable 4 days in the southwestern OK town where all of my family is currently living - parents, grandma, aunt, and both of my brothers.

-We then headed up to northern OK to visit with my husband's family. Wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, more fun with grandparents, cousins, and Maggie - my inlaws dog!

-Day after Thanksgiving - yep I am one of those crazy 5 AM shoppers! We also got to visit with my college roommate and her family. Colin and I even enjoyed a late night coffee with Scott and Kathy sans little people.

-Watched the OU - OSU football game - Sooners won a close one, but otherwise great.

-And then Sunday, the day we were supposed to head back, when we lost our power steering somewhere in the church parking lot. Sunday and Monday morning were then spent in an attempt to fix it, but to no avail. It did get us back home tonight, however.

Through it all, in the spirit of the season, we are all thankful. So thankful for the opportunity to spend such quality time with loved ones. Thankful that our guardian angels watched out for us through all of our car troubles. And so thankful to once again be in the comfort of our very own home. We are so blessed - thank you God!

1 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

Glad you are home! Missed your blog entries, but most of all missed you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home