Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Happy Birthday Brennan!




Six years ago, I went to work feeling a little uneasy. After all, I had a OB appt that afternoon after lunch and at my appt the week before my blood pressure had been a little high. I knew I was close to delivering our first (born) child, and if that wasn't enough to make me nervous, I was thinking of the two miscarriages we had had already. I knew something could go wrong.

While I was monitoring lunch at the school, my insides were in a knot. A mother approached me and asked me how long I had - "any day now" I told her. She replied with the ever reassuring "Yep, I am glad I only did that once!". Needless to say it didn't help my ever growing sense of terror! God then blessed me with another mom, a wonderful woman who I admire greatly, who nudged me and gently said "It can't be too bad - I did it 5 times!". That's what I needed to hear!

I went to the doctor and got the news I suspected - blood pressure was rising rapidly and had to deliver. She told me to go straight to the hospital (across the parking lot) and check myself in. I did this and mentally drew a blank on my husband's work number (a number I knew by heart). 45 minutes later, I finally remembered it and called. He was on his way.

All through the night they tried to induce me, but to no avail. My blood pressure was spiking but while I was close to seizures, our little miracle remained completely unharmed - God was defintely with him.

And so by c section at 3:41pm on this day 6 years ago, our precious Brennan Joseph came into this world. It still brings tears to my eyes to remember the sheer joy - despite my poor condition at the time and the tremendous disappointments of having a c section and not being able to breastfeed right away.




Yet I would do it all again in a heartbeat, even knowing what it was like to go through it all, the fear, the uncertainty. Because having a child is always a risk worth taking, each and every time.

You have grown so much my Brennan. You are so eager to help and bring me so much joy when I may feel down! You have an empathy for others that just amazes me day by day. Happy 6th Birthday Brennan! May you continue to grow into the young man God is calling you to be!

2 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

Happy Birthday Brennan! We love you too!

Mr. Brian, Ms. Celeste, Jacob, Nicole, Andrew and Baby

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

Happy 6th Birthday, Brennan!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home