Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Attack of the Clothes

I never really understood why others would complain about laundry. After all, I would just throw a load in here, a load in there, and we never seemed to be swamped by clothes. But as we have added boy after boy, I have begun to see just exactly what others have meant. It started a few months ago when I realized that we could open a small Goodwill store for boys age 7 and under. So I limited the outfits that we kept for each boy at each size. I found smart storage options that would make these clothes easy to access. And before we packed for our Thanksgiving trip, I got all of the laundry clean, folded, and put away. Everything was great.

Then we returned. Forget the fact that I did 3 loads while we were up in Oklahoma. I still had 6 loads of laundry to do today as we unpacked every suitcase. This of course does not take into account sheets and towels as we left those behind. I am amazed at the amounts of clothes that get dirty with the hard play that goes on each day. And I no longer scoff at those who talk of their own laundry woes - many have more young uns to chase after than I do! Most of all, I am extremely thankful for my nice,working washer and dryer as I find myself musing "just how did the early settlers do it?".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home