Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Monday, November 05, 2007

It's Already Happening...

When "Spring forward, Fall back" times arrive at our household, my husband changes the clocks around here. He is the fanatic about correct time. Myself, I used to set my clock ahead 20 minutes on purpose, hoping that the jolt might pull me out of bed each morning. Once Colin and I married, this little trait of mine drove him nuts. So instead, the clocks were appropriately set and he would nudge me out of bed (I had to get up earlier than he did).

These years have changed me. I have grown accustomed to our clocks being set to the precise time (Greenwich Mean Time, Central Zone). Yet my husband has had a change of heart. As each time change rolls around, certain clocks get set: our bedroom, the computer, the car. But my kitchen clock doesn't get changed right away. Not until I realize "oh yeah, that time's not right". It happened this morning.

I was congratulating myself on a smooth Monday morning. Lessons were proceeding nicely. Moods were chipper. I think to myself "I have plenty of time for that second cup of coffee before Math". As I am making the coffee, I look at the clock - 11:15! Time for lunch already? In a panic,I start to call the boys in for a rushed Math lesson and I go to quickly check email. Lo and behold, the computer clock says 10:15! Oh yeah! Time to change that kitchen clock...

I am just grateful that I am on time this morning after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home