Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Bad Habit

I tend to procrastinate. Try as I might to get things done ahead of time, something always gets left until the last moment. All to often, too many somethings.

It was because of this mighty character flaw that I spent Monday night (missing Heroes!) going to a total of 6 stores in an attempt to piece together three last minute costumes. It was this flaw, coupled with my inability to pay $20-$30 for a silly costume, that I was up until 1 AM last night making Captain America's helmet "just so".

But we are now ready for tonight - yes, we do trick or treat around our cul-de-sac. The boys have great fun with the neighbors kids, and it is like one big happy family! And then tomorrow is the pinnacle, All Saints Day. A great day where my husband takes off of work, and the boys and I skip our sports practices. We go to Mass, and then spend the day together (usually outside!). Our parish also has a Saints Superheroes Party tomorrow night.

I love holidays! It is just the prep work that gets me! But now it is over - let the fun begin!

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger nutmeg said...

I am a procrastinator too, and try really hard to get things in order at least a few days ahead of time. Last year saw me sewing hoods on the jedi robes at 5pm on Halloween night while DH carved the pumpkin.

This year, we had some last minute costume adjustments, but that was not my fault. The 'durn' kids decided to change their costume idea at the last minute... I told them that I am not to be held responsible for the chaos that ensues due to these changes...

:)

Happy Spookin'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home