Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Monday, October 29, 2007

Trials and Tribulations

Oh yes, it is potty training time once again here in our humble abode. Philip is officially training as of last week, and I have to say that so far he has been the easiest of all of my boys. For starters, he willing comes to the bathroom when I remind him to go, and he will even go all on his own initiative. That is impressive compared to my first two.

But like his brothers, he has underwear issues. Namely, he insists that the ultra cool design be IN FRONT (where he can see it) instead of in the back which is where it is supposed to be. And a fight will ensue if I dare suggest that the underwear should be returned to their proper (aka more comfortable) position.

We have been here before. He will eventually figure out that while it is cool to have the design in plain eyesight, it is not worth the wedgie that inevitably occurs when underwear is facing the wrong direction.

Live and learn, dear Philip!

4 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Crafty Mom said...

I am definately the most jealous mother of a to-be-potty-trained child.

Nicholas whines, complains, cries, and throws a general fit at the mention of potty, underwear, or any like minded idea.

We have tried underwear three different days, only to be met with sitting on the potty with complaints of I CAN'T!!! And then peeing in said underwear 3 minutes later.

Good luck, and send some good vibes our way.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

I think the picture in the front thing is so hillarious! I love it!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

Too funny! I'm so glad we never had to experience that particular issue. My boys never even gave it a second thought!

I've been debating on whether or not to start training Amy. In some ways she acts ready, but I'm just not sure I'm ready to go through it just yet. ;)

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Boxer BRIEFS= no wedgies (backwards is okay...preferred by my almost 4 year old!)
But, I understand when a bro has inherited underpants from the biggers. Boxer briefs can be a bit more expensive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home