Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Friday, August 10, 2007

A Guessing Game

This post takes on the form of a little game, a guessing game. The Scenario: Yesterday the oldest three boys and a neighbor were playing in the backyard. Brennan came running in rather excitedly, "Mom, look at what we found!"

Any guesses? One hint, it was freshly dead.


Bug?
Snail?
Gecko?

I have been the recipient of those before, and while rather disgusting, they did not send the shivers through me like this little present did.

Any final stabs?

The answer: A rat! My, my! I have never overreacted quite like I did! There may have in fact been a loud scream with a quick "Get it outside!" followed by a prompt locking of the door (what was this a ghost rat or something! How irrational!) and a marching of four children straight for the bathroom. There we scrubbed four little pairs of hands and began a long winded discussion about never ever picking up a dead animal, especially like a rat. I quickly followed their bewildered little looks with the explanation of the relationship between rats and disease!

The funniest part about this is the karma. When I was Brennan's age, I distinctly remember uncovering dead mice for my mom to find. I remember finding it amusing that she would freak out like she did.

So sorry Mom!

3 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Crafty Mom said...

One Word: GROSS!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

Ewww.... I'm trying to think how I would have responded if I'd been in your shoes... Probably similarly, only I might have fainted. ;)

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Oh, you brave woman! My reaction would definately have been geared toward cleaning hands.
We used to bring in dead birds as kids. I'm not sure that's any more sanitary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home