Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Saturday, July 28, 2007

What I Love About Him

This meme is a wonderful, thought provoking one from Jen at Nestled in the Woods. Jen has some awesome reflections on the events of daily life! I am glad that I have a quiet moment this morning to ponder on this. What a great morning reflection - see internet time can be a devotion time as well! Now that's multitasking!

Five things that I love about Jesus...

5. He served first. I attempt to mindful that Jesus always took care of the physical needs first. And what a servant He was! He was humble to wash the feet of the disciples even as He faced his own death. He healed the blind, or the lame, and then spread the message of the gospel "Believe, and sin no more.". I feel at times the need to spread this messsage, but this servant leadership of Jesus reminds me to first make sure that there isn't something else I can do before I speak. This is an area that I struggle with, and I am really trying harder to work on.

4. Jesus' love for the children. Whenever I am tempted to be frustrated with the ways of the little child, it is very helpful to think of the way Jesus approached those little ones. "Let them come to me." While I am busy with minute daily chores and someone needs help finding shoes..."Let them come to me". When I am on the computer typing away a post and someone would like to read a book..."Let them come to me." Jesus's appreciation for the ways of children is a wonderful reminder for me as a mother. Another area to work hard on!

3. His Temptaion in the desert. Any time that I am quick to say "I just can't do it!", I can look to his temptation in the desert as encouragement. Here Jesus was hungry, and probably tired from being out in the middle of nowhere all alone. Yet at this vulnerable time he was able to rebuff Satan and stand firm. I have heard of those who are a bit skeptical because "Well, He's Jesus. Of course He denied temptation." But I think that when we discount this event, we fail to realize that while He is 100 % God, He was also 100% human at the same time. And how would you feel under those circumstances? Jesus felt the exact same way and yet did not turn His back on His path. It is fitting that this is at the beginning of His public ministry.

2. He always forgives! And Peter asked, "How many times do I forgive my brother? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered "I do not say up to seven times, but seventy times seven." Matt. 18:21-22 Complete and Absolute forgiveness. Even when we fallible humans make the same silly mistakes over and over and over.

1. He so willingly died for us. Jesus was completely aware of the horrific nature of his crucifixion, and yet he went through with it. Now that is the model of unconditional love. Every time I read about him praying in the garden, I realize more fully how He knew that He would suffer tremendously, and yet he did it anyway. That He would have gone though all of that even if it were just little ole me that needed salvation. That's powerful, and that's love!

Thank you so much for this Jen! And Celeste, if you want to do this one, but it takes some time! I would love to read your responses though - you always have some great insights!

2 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Wow. Great reflections! I loved number four. I too run into the same things, posting away and get easily tiffed if one of my little ones need me. I always feel the Holy Spirit in my heart telling me to minister to them. To put them first, and the rest later. Thanks for the reminder and the wonderful post!

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

I loved all of your answers. And I, too, especially loved number four. Though I've often admired Jesus' approach to children, I don't know if I've really considered it in how I deal with my own children, or at least not how you've presented it. Certainly I try to follow his exampe of patience and love, but that He said, "Let the little children come" and putting that same idea into how willing I am to give those extra moments to my children. WOW. Truly inspiring. No doubt something I should immediately think upon when I am interrupted by my little ones - which is quite often! Thanks, Michele!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home