Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Monday, July 23, 2007

Busy Weekend

Baking and Reading.

That is how I spent my weekend. Today, I will be cleaning, as when you spend a weekend doing not much else other than to the two things above, the house can get a bit disastrous (especially with 4 little guys sharing the space!).

But what a weekend! I spent most of the free time making bread. You see, we go through a lot of the stuff. And buying 4 loaves of sandwich bread a week, plus the breakfast breads, and dinner rolls, and even pie crusts for the chicken pot pie can add up when we are buying premade varieties. And we have tried store brands of these breads - definitely not good. I think this is one area that both my husband and I can be extremely picky. So in an effort to trim our grocery budget, I have made the command decision to bake all of our own bread. I do love to bake anyway, so it is not like I am picking up a "chore" as much as a hobby. We had a great time baking, and we all loved the results. Even the boys gladly pitched in!

The rest of my spare time was spent finishing the last Harry Potter book. And as I read the end of it very early this morning, I have to say that I am incredibly satisfied with how the series wrapped up. My husband and I are BIG fantasy fans, you see (I really should post pics of his Star Wars collection). And we love the books. We will insist that the boys wait until they are older to read them (like 12 or so). But yes, I think that there still will be a substantial number of children reading the books in 6 years. They are that imaginative, that good. Enough of that...

Overall, we made the best of a rainy, soggy, humid weekend. Here's hoping yours was just as great!

2 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

Minus the baking, sounds about like my weekend. Totally agree with your comments on the HP books. I, too, am a huge fantasy fan, Star Wars ranking there on top (also my husband's favorite). And as you mentioned in your comment on my post, we really must have a HP discussion sometime! I'm just dying to talk to someone about this last book!!! :)

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

OK. Now go post your wonderful delectable bread recipe on the food blog! Yippee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home