Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Toddler Diet

Any good diet has two parts - watching food portions and getting exercise. The Toddler Diet does both:

First the food portions. Step 1 - Make yourself a sandwich. Step 2 - Eat about a third of it. Step 3 - Toddler sees you eating and asks for a bite, so you give him one. Step 4 - Begin to alternate bites with toddler until last fourth of sandwich remains. Step 5 - Toddler takes rest of sandwich and devours it. This process works with just about any food that you are trying to eat, not just sandwiches. Does not work if you put the food on the toddler's plate.

Second, exercise. In most diets this is the hard part, but in the Toddler Diet it is actually quite easy. Live with toddler (or better yet, two of them). Attempt to dress toddlers - one tip from wrestling, control the hips. Be responsible for keeping younger toddler out of toilet, out of pantry, and out of older brothers' room. At same time, keep older toddler from breaking older brothers' battleship, climbing any bookshelves, or playing under any household faucet. Take him shopping for a really good workout.

Toddlers aren't just lovable. They serve a practical purpose as well - keeping us moms young and fit!

3 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Crafty Mom said...

That is way too funny. I never thought of the Toddler Diet. I seem to be on the same diet and exercise program, but I don't seem to be losing the weight. Maybe I need to double my odds with 2 toddlers???

I would love to put Nicholas in the room with your boys, and just watch the havoc they could create. Better yet, we could put them with Celeste's three and Robin's two, and then compare the pandemonium to the three girls. I have a feeling one side would be much daintier and quieter. HMMMM?

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

Way too funny Michele. I was so laughing. I think it is not the weight watchers working but the toddler diet!

Good one!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

I so agree! I love how you described the perfect mom diet - "The Toddler Diet". It is no doubt an easy diet to follow as you really have no choice in the matter. :)

I love the idea Kris came up with, too. Oh how funny to see all our children in one room together. It would be pretty chaotic, wouldn't it? I think that would be the ultimate day of exercise - for both the moms and the kids!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home