Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hearing Test

If you ever want some sort of reassurance that your children do hear you as you give out your daily instructions, just watch them at play. I lectured the boys this morning on our way to the doctor's office for two well child checkups - no loud squeals/screams, no playing with the equipment in the "little room", and please no fighting. Let's just pretend for the sake of those in the office that we all get along splendidly, shall we!

The boys did pretty well. Sure there were a few incidents, mostly with our resident two year old, who insists that everything in the exam room was put there purely for his own exploration. Jonathan is supposedly a little slim for his age, but we will put him on whole milk and take a wait and see approach. He is built like Brennan after all, who is also very slim. The main difference is that while Brennan is also short, Jonathan is very tall, hence the discrepancy on those graphs.

Nicholas will finally get a hearing and speech test, which will at best get him some help so people outside of us can understand him. At least it will put my mind at ease and give me an answer for those who constantly ask me if he is okay.

But I digress. Nicholas was the inspiration for my post title, and I was not referring to an actual hearing test. It is just that with any 5 year old boy, you wonder if they hear you at all. Well, Nicholas was just lining up the Little People Animals in a square and instructing them on just how they should behave as they wait for the doctor. So cute!

And it also means that he at least registered what I was saying this morning. Now that puts my mind at ease!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home