Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Lesson for the Day

Brennan has really been complaining a lot lately. About everything. What we have for dinner, what we are not having for dinner, not watching a movie, the rain outside, doing chores, blah, blah, blah.

So tonight at dinner, as he complained for the umpteenth time, I finally said "You know, the Israelites were going straight to the promised land until they started complaining so much."

"What did they complain about?" Brennan wondered.

"Oh, the same things as you, what they had to eat, it was too hot, stuff like that."

I had merely meant to be a little smart, but amazingly Brennan seemed to take it to heart. He took a bite and then said "I like my dinner Mom."

Glad to hear that, dear little guy!

3 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

How funny! He must really want to go to the Promised Land. Ditto on the complaining over here. And the eye-rolling. And the sighing.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

We're seeing a lot of that, too. Do we sum it up to a phase, or can we blame it on the weather?

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Jill said...

My daughter can complain that she's too hot and too cold within two minutes of each other. Grrr..
I might have to try your quote out on her. Although, I don't think she would understand it all. But, at least it would start her off on her next favorite thing to do- incessant questioning (which I don't mind in the least...especially when complaining would be the other alternative!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home