Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Underwear Issues

What is it with boys and underwear? The mere mention of the word is enough to send Brennan into fits of laughter. He will read any book that even casually throws the word out there. Yet when it comes to dressing in the morning, I have to check each of my two oldest boys (the two that dress themselves) just to make sure that they have put these hysterical little items on! More than once I have been somewhere, only to find out that one of them (usually Brennan) "forgot" to put underwear on. Nicholas is getting better about remembering his, however today I threw him a new loop...

As we were dressing for the pool, Nicholas insisted on putting underwear on under his swim suit. I now found myself in the contradictory position of having to explain why he didn't need underwear with his swimsuit. Just when we had finally gotten the wearing underwear thing down!

It will be interesting to see if he now remembers to put underwear on as he dresses tomorrow morning.

4 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Crafty Mom said...

That is really funny!

While my daughter definately does not laugh about underwear, she too has contradictory underwear issues that she is learning to master. Underwear with all everyday clothing, but no underwear for gymnastics or swimming. And then underwear for ballet, but not for the dress rehearsals or performances. How confusing!

I can already see the underwear nuttiness of boys though. With Nicholas only 2, he constantly prides himself on his nakedness, and whenever he sees someone else in the process of getting dressed, he goes to tickle and chase them. Then laughs hysterically. What is it with boys?

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Jill said...

With my boys still in diapers, all I can do is smile at what lies ahead! :)

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

I'm still laughing at this post! So how did Nicholas do this morning?

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Mom of boys said...

Yes!!! He still put on underwear this morning! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home