Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Cruel and Unusual Punishment

Last night we were all eating dinner, and Brennan suddenly stated "I don't want to sit here any more. I want to go play." He was being a bit sour, because we dared serve something with hamburger in it for dinner. (I told you he has been complaining a lot lately!) Colin informed him that he would sit until everyone else was finished. Sit Brennan did, but along with it came much pouting!

So once I got up to clear my plate, Brennan looked at Colin and asked "Now, can I get up?". Colin merely replied "Since you complained so much, you can sit there and listen to some after dinner reading first." He then proceeded to subject our dear son to 15 minutes of reading from one of my husband's Statistics books.

Once finished, Colin asked Brennan "Do you want to hear more?". Brennan, noticeably more polite now, responded "Um, no, I don't think so.".

Creative parenting, what else can I say!

1 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

I love it! It so sounds like something my dad would have done. Ah, such memories!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home