Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Guilty Pleasures

I had quite the evening out today. You see, I normally play softball on Thursday nights as my "break" time. The last few weeks, we have had a downpour of rain, meaning no ball game. This week was supposed to be clear, but with my dh out of town all week I was not going to make it. But Tuesday I decided to chance it and called to see if one of the two teen girls at the end of our cul-de-sac (who also attend our church - great family!) were free to babysit. And one of them was! Excitement!

But then it rained today. And rained. And rained. My excitement was quickly morphing into disappointment -here I wasn't even going to be missing any family time what with Colin gone and I had actually gotten a sitter (well, a sitter who was not a visiting family member or a fellow mom) for only the second time ever!

So I pushed any guilty feelings aside and decided "Rain wasn't going to ruin my evening out!". I went out anyway. But where to go? Where else but for a coffee and a leisurely hour and a half browse through the bookstore. Now that is what I call a relaxing evening out!

I even came home with a heavily discounted Williams Sonoma "Essentials of Baking". First half techniques and troubleshooting tips, second half recipes. I am very excited!

Now I must go do some reading!

2 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

So glad you went out anyway! Can't wait to see some yummy new recipes!

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

Good for you! Even if your plans have to change, you should still take a little time for yourself. And you did just what I think I would have done - Mmmm... coffee and the bookstore. There's no better combination. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home