Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Monday, July 30, 2007

For the Love of It

Motherhood is full of ups and downs. This weekend illustrated this point perfectly.

I found myself quite down this weekend over a situation with which we struggle concerning one of our boys. Anytime it is even hinted that something might be wrong with one of my children is enough to throw the "mother bear" in me into a frenzy. I don't want them to be misdiagnosed or stigmatized, but at the same time I want to get them help that they truly need. And then I start to question whether we should even have any more kids, because I am failing so miserably at the ones that I do have.

But then moments of peace hit. I realize that the issue with my son can be helped. It is not the end of the world, and I am just so glad to have him here as a part of our family. And then I sit and watch as they all four play ball together on the floor, laughing and immensely enjoying each other.

Yep, now I remember why we had "all of these kids". It was for the love.

1 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Crafty Mom said...

Well put! We too are going through lots of struggles with our boy, and it is hard not to rage against others to protect our little ones. The psychologist in me always wants to solve the problems, but the mother wants to just be with him.

Today was a perfect day! No fighting, no hitting, no arguing, and for those days I count my blessings!

It is always nice to know I'm not alone though, and you aren't either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home