Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Friday, August 03, 2007

Wrong Month

This has been a rather funny week. I am not sure who started it, but all three older boys have been making somewhat strange requests this week. Like playing our Christmas music CD. Watching our Christmas videos. They have been out back in our yard, looking for the perfect Christmas tree (when it isn't so hot, anyway). And they even requested that we make Christmas cookies for dessert.

I have willingly obliged on all of the above, except for the cookies - we settled for ice cream and blueberry cobbler instead. After all, they really come by this love of all things Christmas quite honestly. And they haven't once asked for any gifts (yet)!

Hey, there could be worse things, right?

4 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

Hey, and I am making a Christmas table quilt right now. Christmas in July, well, August too.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I believe we have 'celebrated' holidays at various times. We had Easter cookies once for St. Patrick's day because I told the kids we would make Shamrock cookies and we ran out of time so we had to purchase some bakery Easter eggs cookies. And the kids are always celebrating a birthday of someone by singing Happy Birthday and wrapping stuffed animal 'gifts' in little baby blankets to give to each other.
But, Christmas? Not yet anyway! :) How funny.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

We made cookies the other day, and my almost 4 year old kept asking if they were Christmas cookies. In shock, my older kids started asking if we were making Christmas cookies. I asked if they wanted to wait 4 months to eat them. They quickly dropped the "Christmas" part.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Jen said...

How funny. I wonder what brought that on. The blueberry cobbler sounds yummy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home