Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Picking Battles

When you have a 2 year old who is into everything, you pick your battles carefully. Each morning I ask the boys what they want to drink. Each morning, Philip goes to the fridge, and insists on trying the lemon juice. That's right, the big bottle of Real Lemon in the door next to the apple juice. It is a type of juice, after all. And each morning, I tell him how he really doesn't want that. A fit usually ensues, as Philip pleads his case for the lemon juice.

This has been going on for several weeks, so this morning, I gave in. I poured a little lemon juice in his glass and gave it to him. I really should have gotten the camera, because it was priceless (and a little bit sad) to see his face quickly go from eager and excited to downright sour. In fact, I feel a little mean. After all, it was funny - just a little bit funny!

We will see if he asks again tomorrow. My guess is that he won't.

2 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

Way too funny!

Nicole always complains at the table about being cold. I call it her backup complaint - when there's nothing else to say. So anyway, yesterday we heard the "I'm cold!" So Brian, very kindly, went and got her heavy winter coat, slipped it on and she happily finished her meal in her coat. Then she took it off.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Kristen Laurence said...

Hilarious!

In a similar effort I once gave my daughter a taste of horseradish. Enough said!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home