Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ready for Lent

I have never been one to "party down" the day before Ash Wednesday, but today I found out just how easily it can happen. First I wanted to celebrate the changing seasons with the boys. The big question was: should I have "Pancake Day" or "Fat Tuesday"? Indecisive as ever, I decided to do both!

This morning we made pancakes. As we regularly eat pancakes for breakfast, I decided to make them special by adding chocolate chips and whipped cream on top. Talk about dessert for breakfast! Next we read about the pancake races that take place in England (and Liberal, Kansas - near where my husband grew up!). We decided to have our own races (with the pancakes that I accidentally burned). What great fun! I will post pics when I download them from the camera.

After lunch, we made Mardi Gras masks for art. We read about the celebrations (and watched some TV footage of our own Galveston parade - lots of former Louisiana people here in the Houston area!). We also made a king cake for dessert after dinner. More sweets.

I finished up my Dr. Pepper as I will give up my addiction to the stuff for Lent (and hopefully longer since I will be on a roll). The only thing left in the house that would be tempting us tomorrow was the last bit of Blue Bell Fudge Brownie ice cream, so I am now removing that temptation from our house!

We are coming down off of our sugar high, and we are ready to enter the desert! Everything aside, I am really looking forward to a fantastic spiritual journey for our family during this Lenten season. We will borrow a lot of these ideas for our family prayer time - thanks for the link Danielle. We are ready...let our journey begin!

1 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger Crafty Mom said...

I love your posts. You always make life seem so REAL!! The messiness, the need for sugar, etc. I feel somedays like we are twins, except I am down 3 boys and up 1 girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home